Love heals pain (Amor cura a dor)


-->

Face your fears
Versão original em inglês seguida de tradução, a pedidos :)

One thing I have learned with life and therapy. We are always in pain. We don’t go through life without it. There are periods when it is more intense, there are periods we don’t even notice it. There are periods that it is just a background noise. There are periods that they are so many. They are from the past, present and future. And we should not ignore pain. Any. We have to deal with it, so it is gone. “Live through this and you won’t look back” (Stars).
How we deal with it? We allow us to feel it. And do whatever healthy thing it is necessary to remain sane. We cry, scream, dance, laugh, kiss, hug, write, paint, sing, exercise, work, sail, walk, chat... but most importantly we need to learn how to be loved. Sometimes we are so broken, so joyless, we aren’t able to accept love. And it is not great gestures. We just don’t let people help us. And we keep all love we have to give buried inside us. We don’t believe when people say that they just wanna be with you, that they enjoy you. We create traps in our own minds. We lose the ability to believe and start preventing. Stop being spontaneous. Stop sending cute messages and saying what you really feel. We stop living so we won’t hurt.
But one thing I’ve promised myself: just because then it takes longer to heal, I won’t stop living for very long. And living means loving. And love doesn’t need to be romantic. Love is just being empathic. Love is all the little daily things we do for each other.
And I have been loved. Loved by all my friends that sent me messages when I recently needed. All of them were there when I reached for them. You see, first I had to tell them I needed them. That’s is giving opportunity to be loved. From the “I’m here for you, you are my friend, not somebody’s girlfriend” to the most complexes conversations, it was love. And it made me so strong. And then, when romantic love came along and I was afraid (still am, it is hard to have a broken heart), I just geared up with courage.
When he asked about me spending the night, my first (and defensive) reaction was to say “yes, so you don’t need to bring me back and pick me up the next day again, right?” and he answered kind of disappointed “yeah…”. Totally unromantic I was. And defensive. But I have learned to think about my actions and learn about myself (Therapy guys!). And I realized that no, it was not about the convenience. This was not the past repeating, this is another person that deserves a chance. I realized that he just might want to be with me. So, I told him after that I realized that what I’ve said was stupid and that I was sorry for my reaction. I explained that it was just because I was not used to be wanted. And his reaction could not have been better. He looked me in the eyes and asked with surprise: did someone treat you bad? I said: not bad, but kind of indifferent. And he just hugged me so tight and said that he just wants to spend time with me, even if it is doing nothing. And I realized that we have to let people in and love us. Love is not promising to be together forever, love is a moment. This little gesture meant so much to me, it was so good and important in so many ways.
We have to be prepared to receive love and we need to learn to deal with our pain without isolating ourselves. We need people. Even when they hurt us. Thank you all for being with me sometime. 

Uma coisa eu aprendi com a vida e terapia. Sempre sentimos dor. Nós não passamos pela vida sem isso. Há períodos em que ela é mais intensa, há períodos em que nem a percebemos. Há períodos que as dores são apenas um ruído de fundo. Há períodos que são muitas dores. Elas são do passado, presente e futuro. E não devemos ignorar a dor. Qualquer. Temos que lidar com isso, para que então ela desapareça. "Viva isso e você não vai olhar para trás" (Stars).
Como lidamos com a dor? Nos permitimos senti-la. E fazemos qualquer coisa saudável necessária para permanecer são. Nós choramos, gritamos, dançamos, rimos, beijamos, abraçamos, escrevemos, pintamos, cantamos, nos exercitamos, trabalhamos, navegamos, andamos, conversamos ... mas o mais importante é que precisamos aprender a ser amados. Às vezes estamos tão quebrados que não podemos aceitar o amor. E não são grandes gestos. Nós apenas não deixamos que as pessoas nos ajudem. E nós mantemos enterrado dentro de nós todo o amor que temos para dar. Nós não acreditamos quando as pessoas dizem que querem apenas estar com a gente, que elas gostam de você. Nós criamos armadilhas em nossas próprias mentes. Perdemos a capacidade de acreditar e começamos a nos prevenir. Paramos de ser espontâneos. Paramos de enviar mensagens bonitas e dizer o que realmente sentimos. Nós paramos de viver para não se machucar.
Mas uma coisa eu prometi a mim mesma: porque demora mais para cicatrizar, não vou parar de viver por muito tempo. E viver significa amar. E o amor não precisa ser romântico. O amor é apenas ser empático. O amor é composto de todas as pequenas coisas que fazemos um pelo outro.
E eu fui amada. Amada por todos os meus amigos que me enviaram mensagens quando eu precisei recentemente. Todos eles estavam lá quando eu pedi. Veja, primeiro eu tive que dizer a eles que eu precisava deles. Essa é uma oportunidade para ser amado. Do "Estou aqui por você, você é minha amiga, não a namorada de alguém" até as conversas mais complexas, foi amor. E isso me fez tão forte. E então, quando chegou um amor romântico e eu estava com medo, eu apenas me enchi de coragem.
Quando ele perguntou sobre o fato de passar a noite com ele, minha primeira (e defensiva) reação foi dizer "sim, aí você não precisa me trazer de volta e me buscar no dia seguinte de novo, certo?" E ele respondeu meio desapontado "Sim ...". Totalmente não romântica eu fui. E defensiva. Mas eu aprendi a pensar sobre minhas ações e aprender sobre mim mesmo (terapia gente!). E percebi que não, não era sobre a conveniência. Este não é o passado se repetindo, esta é outra pessoa que merece uma chance. Eu percebi que ele poderia apenas querer estar comigo. Então, depois eu disse a ele que percebi que o que eu disse era estúpido e que sentia muito pela minha reação. Expliquei que era só porque não estava acostumada a ser desejada. E sua reação não poderia ter sido melhor. Ele me olhou nos olhos e perguntou com surpresa: alguém te tratou mal? Eu disse: não mal, mas meio que indiferente. E ele apenas me abraçou forte e disse que só queria estar comigo, mesmo que seja fazendo nada. E percebi que temos que deixar as pessoas se aproximarem e nos amarem. O amor não é prometer estar juntos para sempre, o amor é um momento. Este pequeno gesto significou muito para mim, foi tão bom e importante de muitas maneiras.
Temos que estar preparados para receber amor e precisamos aprender a lidar com nossa dor sem nos isolarmos. Nós precisamos das pessoas. Mesmo quando nos machucam. Obrigado a todos por estarem comigo algum dia.


Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

50 dias!

Sem vocação para árvore - No vocation for tree