X-mas gift - Presente de Natal!

This is a true history.
Saturday. X-mas. 2010.
I went out with my friends.
The talk was good, having fun, but I got tired and the place wasn't so much fun yesterday night.
From the bar I could see my car, but I looked at it many times, I don't know why.
The sixth sense. I still don't listen to it!
Time to go. Almost midnight, we arrived around 7pm... enough!
My car was there, but I thought it was strange that the front sit was moved forward.
I tried to turn off the alarm, but nothing. I thought "not again", but I was sure I turned the alarm on.
My friend opened the door from the passenger seat... I got in the car on the driver's side.
My stuff was there. On the floor, but there. Of course, there was nothing to be stolen. A recyclable bag, a cable, the control from my garage, toilet paper, a ten cents coin and my radio. But my radio is just a radio. No CD, no DVD, no USB, no nothing! So, it isn't valuable at all. But someone tried to steal it!
OK, let's go home. O oh!
I turned the key and... nothing!!!! My car was dead... what the hell?!
I got out of the car... the hood was almost entirely closed... I didn't open it because I know nothing about cars, I would look and not would look wrong to me...
I called my dad. My friend and I waited for him. He came, I explained everything again. Incredibly I was calm!!!! I said no bad words... I just thought that it was fine because nobody tried to steal it with me in it.
I was more nervous to tell my dad about the situation and have a fight because he was going to tell me that it is my fault that I parked there and not on a parking lot than because someone tried to steal my car. Thousands of car are stolen each day in Brazil, so I guess it's not about luck... It happens to almost everyone here and to most people I know. Day, night, anywhere...
We opened the hood... and I saw a hole... I said "they stole the battery!". And my dad agreed... Great X-mas gift!
So, I called the insurance and my car was towed to my uncle's home, because it is not possible to park my car at my parents' garage with my car not working... it's kind of a hill.
When we got into my uncle's home we opened the hood again and my uncle said "but the battery is here, they just cut the wires". Hahahahahahahahaha! I knew I knew nothing about cars... and my dad believed me! We even looked for the battery in the trash can! Hahahahaha But the battery is so small and hiden... and I had never noticed that hole...
So, it wasn't that bad at all... At least is just a wire. No broken glass. No twisted doors or hood. And my skeleton hanging on my rearview mirror was still there!!! :)


História verídica.
Sábado. Natal. 2010.
Sai com as meninas.
O bate-papo estava bom, me divertindo, mas cansei e o lugar não estava tão divertido ontem a noite.
Do bar eu podia ver meu carro, mas eu olhei para ele muitas vezes, não sei o motivo.
O sexto sentido. Eu não dei bola!
Hora de ir. Quase meia noite, cheguei por volta das sete... já tá bom!
Meu carro estava lá, mas eu achei estranho que o banco da frente estava para frente. Eu tentei desligar o alarme, mas nada. Pensei “de novo não”, mas eu tinha certeza que eu liguei o alarme.
Minha amiga abriu a porta do passageiro... eu entrei no carro pelo lado do motorista.
Minhas coisas estavam lá. No chão, mas lá. Claro, não tinha nada para roubar.
Uma sacola reciclável, um cabo, o controle da garagem, papel higiênico, uma moeda de dez centavos e meu rádio. Mas meu rádio é só um rádio. Sem CD, DVD, USB, nada! O coitado não vale nada. Mas alguém tentou roubar.
OK, vamos para casa. O oh!
Eu virei a chave e... nada!!!! Meu carro não funcionava... que diabos é isso?!
Sai do carro... o capô estava quase fechado... eu não abri porque eu não sei nada de carro, eu iria olhar e não ia notar se algo estivesse errado.
Liguei para o meu pai. Esperamos. Ele veio e eu expliquei tudo de novo. Inacreditavelmente eu estava calma!!! Eu não falei nenhum palavrão… eu apenas pensei que eu estava bem porque ninguém tentou roubar o carro comigo dentro. Eu estava mais nervosa de ter que contar para o meu pai e ele brigar comigo porque eu deveria ter parado em um estacionamento do que por alguém ter tentado roubar meu carro. Milhares de carros são roubados a cada dia no Brasil, então eu acho que não é uma questão de sorte... e acontece com quase todo mundo aqui e já aconteceu com quase todo mundo que conheço. Dia, noite, em qualquer lugar...
Nós abrimos o capô... e eu vi um buraco… e disse “eles roubaram minha bateria!”. E meu pai concordou… Grande presente de Natal!!!
Aí liguei para o seguro e meu carro foi guinchado até a casa do meu tio, porque não é possível estacionar na garagem aqui de casa... é uma subidona!
Quando nós chegamos na casa do meu tio abrimos o capô de novo e meu tio disse que a bateria estava lá, que só tinham cortado os fios. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Eu sabia que eu não sabia nada de carro! E meu pai acreditou em mim. A gente até olhou no lixo do lado do carro! Mas também, ela fica bem escondidinha... e eu nunca tinha notado aquele buraco imenso.
Então, nem foi tão ruim assim... pelo menos foi só um fio. Sem vidro quebrado. Sem portas ou capô entortado. E minha caverinha que agora fica pendurada no meu retrovisor estava lá ainda!!! :)

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

50 dias!

Sem vocação para árvore - No vocation for tree